Connect with us

News

Trump media group plans subscription video service

Published

on

The organization headed by former US President Donald Trump said that it has already inked a deal to have the speciality firm, which is popular with political conservatives, provide “wide-ranging technology and cloud services.”

Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG) has launched a “Truth Social” online platform for invited guests using Rumble, according to a release.

“I have selected the Rumble Cloud to serve as a critical backbone for TMTG infrastructure,” Trump said in the release.

The 75-year-old was thrown off Twitter — his preferred communications conduit while president — as well as Facebook and YouTube after the January 6 insurrection in which a mob of Trump supporters, riled up by his repeated false claims that the November 2020 election was stolen from him, assaulted the US Capitol.

Advertisement

Rumble will handle streaming video online for Truth Social, and talks are taking place to have the firm use its technology for an on-demand, subscription video product called TMTG+, according to the release.

US regulators are scrutinizing a deal between Trump’s fledgling social media company and an investment vehicle to bring the former president’s venture to the stock market, documents showed last week.

The companies, once merged, say they plan to launch the social media platform “TRUTH Social” nationally early next year, hoping to rival services like Twitter.

Digital World Acquisition Corp, already listed on Wall Street, announced in late October it would merge with TMTG, allowing the ex-president’s venture to be listed without the usual procedures.

Digital World is a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), sometimes called a “blank check” company because it is set up with the sole purpose of merging with another entity.

Advertisement
ALSO READ  ‘They only changed the colours to deceive us’ – Mixed reactions as Buhari unveils the new Naira Notes

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Gas Explosion kills man while he was preparing food (Photos)

Published

on

A Gas Explosion has killed a man at Ayimensah in the Greater Accra Region.

This sad incident happened this morning, Tuesday November 29, 2022.

Mr. Daniel, an agent was killed by the gas explosion this morning while preparing his breakfast.

The cylinder exploded and caught him in the fire.

Advertisement

He was rushed to the hospital after the unfortunate incident but he passed away hours later.

The body has been kept at the morgue for autopsy and preservation.

ALSO READ  Buhari appoints Mohammed Abdullahi as minister of environment
Continue Reading

Crime

Native doctor shoots his client dead while testing bulletproof charm in Enugu

Published

on

Operatives of the Enugu State Police Command have arrested a 23-year-old native doctor, Odoh Emmanuel, for accidentally killing his client while testing a bulletproof charm he prepared for him.

Odoh shot the deceased, identified as Onunze Benedict, with a locally-fabricated single-barreled gun in his shrine while testing the potency of the charm he made for him.

According to the Command’s Spokesperson, DSP Daniel Ndukwe, who disclosed the incident in a statement released on Tuesday, November 29, the killing occurred in Isi-Uzo Local Government Area of the state.

The statement reads,

Advertisement

“On 16/11/2022 at about 11.pm, police operatives serving in Isi-Uzo Police Division of the Command, arrested Odoh Emmanuel (male and a native doctor) aged 23, of Umuaram Village in Ikem community of Isi-Uzo LGA, for shooting and murdering his adult male client, one Onunze Benedict, of Eha-Amufu community in the same LGA.

“Preliminary investigation reveals that the suspect confessed to having used a locally-fabricated single-barreled gun to shoot and murder the said victim in his shrine at the mentioned location, while testing the gunshot protection charm he had prepared for him

“The gun has been recovered, while further investigation is ongoing at the Homicide Section of the State CID Enugu.”

The suspect will be charged to court once the police conclude their investigation.

Advertisement
ALSO READ  FG announces date, prepares to conduct national census by April 2023
Continue Reading

Crime

Ogun: Yahoo-boy kills girlfriend for refusing to remit fraud proceeds

Published

on

A 27-year-old suspected internet fraudster, otherwise known as Yahoo boy, Obeta John, has allegedly killed his girlfriend, Idowu Buhari over claims that she refused to remit to him, a proceed of fraud paid into the girl’s account by a victim.

The victim, an HND 1 student of Mass Communication, Gateway Polytechnic Saapade, Ogun State, was reportedly beaten to death by the suspect.

Abimbola Oyeyemi, the Ogun State police spokesperson, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the suspect, was arrested Tuesday following a distress call received at the Ode-Remo divisional headquarters.

The police were informed that the suspect, a resident at 3, Mojubade Compound, Eredu Ishara, locked his door and started beating the girl, hitting her head against the wall.

Advertisement

Efforts by neighbours to persuade him to open the door did not succeed, DAILY POST learnt.

Acting on the distress call, Oyeyemi said the DPO of Ode-Remo division, CSP Fasogbon Olayemi, had quickly led his officers to the scene, “where they met the victim in the pool of her blood after forcing the door open.”

The police rushed the victim to the State Hospital, Ishara, where she was pronounced dead by the doctor on duty.

The suspect said to be an indigene of Enugu State, is presently in police custody.

“On interrogation, the suspect informed the police that he is an internet fraudster and that a certain amount of money from one of his clients was paid into the account of his deceased girlfriend which she refused to relinquish to him,” Oyeyemi explained.

Advertisement

He quoted the suspect as saying that the fight over the said money had eventually led to the death of the girl.

ALSO READ  Nigeria skips Iraq to become country with highest number of IS attacks

Meanwhile, the State Commissioner of Police in Ogun, Lanre Bankole, has ordered the transfer of the suspect to the State CIID for further investigation and prosecution by the homicide team.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 TheHeute.