Connect with us

Crime

25yr old man drugs, rapes Facebook lover, takes her nude photos

Published

on

A 25-year old man, Ebenezer Adeshina, has landed in trouble for allegedly luring his Facebook lover, drugging, raping, taking her nude pictures and threatening to upload them on social media if he was not paid.

TheHeute reports that the incident happened at Owode Egbado area of Ogun State, where the suspect, Adeshina, resides.

He has been arrested by men of Ogun State Police Command for the alleged rape and blackmail.

This was confirmed by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, who stated that suspect was arrested on 6th May, 2022, following a report lodged at Owode Egbado Divisional Headquarters by the victim. She stated that she met the suspect on Facebook sometime in 2021, and they began chatting.

Advertisement

The victim told the Police that her phone got spoilt along the line, so she could no longer chat with the suspect. However, in the month of March this year, the suspect called her and asked why she could not chat with him anymore, and she informed him about her spoilt phone.

She said the suspect then asked her to come to his house to collect the sum of three thousand Naira for the repair of the phone. On getting there, she said the suspect offered her a drink, which she took unknown to her that the drink had been laced with a sedative drug.

She said immediately after taking the drink, she became unconscious and the suspect used the opportunity to have unlawful carnal knowledge of her against her wish.

Having satisfied himself after having sex with her in a state of unconsciousness, she said the suspect took her nude pictures and started threatening to upload the pictures on social media if she did not pay the sum of N50,000.

ALSO READ  Herdsmen abduct 3 federal workers on Lagos-Ibadan expressway

DSP Oyeyemi stated that upon the report, the DPO Owode Egbado Division, CSP Muhammad Baba, detailed his detectives to go after the suspect. He said the suspect was eventually apprehended and he has confessed to the commission of the crime.

Advertisement

He stated that the Commissioner of Police, CP Lanre Bankole, has ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to the Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Labour Unit of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation and prosecution.

The suspect risks several years of imprisonment if he is tried and found guilty before the Court for the alleged offence but that will be after the conclusion of the investigation by the Police.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Lagos Police Arrest Suspects With Vandalised Rail Tracks

Published

on

A patrol team from Ijora Badia Police division has arrested two suspects conveying vandalised rail tracks in Lagos State.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, disclosed this via his Twitter handle on Monday.

He said, “At about 1am today, a patrol team from Ijora Badia Division intercepted a Mitsubishi Lancer car conveying vandalised railway tracks. The two occupants of the vehicle have been arrested. Investigation is ongoing.”

Advertisement
ALSO READ  Woman dumps children into well in Osun
Continue Reading

Crime

Toyin Abraham takes Legal action against Revolution plus property scam

Published

on

Actress Toyin Abraham has now taken legal actions against Revolution Plus property by having her lawyers sent them an official statement confirming her dissociation from the brand.

Taking to her Instagram page moments ago to share the legal documents, Toyin Abraham wrote:

PUBLIC DISCLAIMER

DISASSOCIATION FROM REVOLUTIONPLUS PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED

Advertisement

We are Solicitors to Mrs. Olutoyin Abosede Ajeyemi Abraham, (hereinafter referred to ‘our Client’) and on whose instruction we write the above-captioned letter.

Our Client wishes to disassociate herself from the brand, Revolutionplus (hereinafter referred to ‘the company). This disclaimer is premised on the fact that our client’s contract with the Company as a Brand Ambassador has been effectively terminated and the compelling need to disassociate herself from the image of the Brand.

Despite the above promises, I was still receiving various threats messages, curses, complaints and pleas from investors claiming they had not been allocated any land or refunded their monies. Some of them further claimed that because I represented the Company as a brand ambassador, I reposed their confidence in the
Company to invest their monies. I became sad, worried, and disturbed and decided to stop my social media publications and advertisement of the Company’s products.

When the pressure and harassment became embarrassingly unbearable both online on all my social media platforms and offline, and with my integrity at stake, I sent a mail to the Company on the 15th June 2022 notifying them of my intent to terminate my contract as a Brand Ambassador. The Company reached out to me on the 16th of June 2022, we had a meeting and they promised to promptly and effectively address the allegations. Upon the premise of the promises made, I sent another mail on the 17th June 2022 cancelling my notice of intent to terminate my contract as a brand ambassador.

ALSO READ  Woman dumps children into well in Osun

In view of the above termination which I accept in good faith and totality, and considering the recent similar messages I have received from aggrieved customers from the brand, I hereby disassociate myself from the brand and advise that all persons dealing with the brand conduct their respective due diligence’.

Advertisement

It was in the wake of my decision to reduce the brand’s visibility and advertisement on my social media platforms, especially because my integrity as a person is being questioned daily, that I received a ‘Notice of Termination of Brand Ambassadorship’ letter on the 22nd December 2022 by the Company’s legal team, which effectively terminated my contract with them on grounds of reduced affection and reluctant approach towards publicly identifying with the brand.

While performing my duties as contained in the contract, I started receiving a lot of allegations and complaints from investors who claimed the Company has not allocated lands nor refunded them their monies. Some of these investors were in my DM (Direct Message) demanding for refund of their monies or allocation of the lands they paid for.

Please find below the official statement from our Client:

‘After carefully conducting my due diligence and being personally convinced about the genuineness of the Company, I proceeded to sign a contractual agreement in July 2020, thereby becoming a brand ambassador to market the property products of the Company, Revolutionplus. This duty I carried out with utmost loyalty, diligence, integrity and excellence, which are the core values I stand for.

 

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Crime

Probe abortion report, feminists urge FG

Published

on

Prev1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Nigerian feminists have urged the Federal Government, through the National Human Rights Commission, to probe the forced abortions report allegedly perpetuated by the military in the northeastern part of Nigeria.

An international news agency, Reuters, had accused the Nigerian Army of running a programme where forceful abortions were carried out on female victims of Boko Haram/Islamic State in West African Province.

The report claimed that the Army carried out the abortions without the persons’ consent and that at least 10,000 pregnancies had been illegally terminated.

These were contained in an investigation published by the news agency in December, 2022.

Advertisement

The probe, according to Reuters, was based on the accounts of 33 victims, hospital workers, and security officials, as well as documents gathered.

Reacting in a statement obtained by The PUNCH on Tuesday, the feminists, namely, Chioma Agwuegbo, Fadekemi Akinfaderin, Dr Leena Hoffmann, Ifeoma Ikwueme, Azeenarh Mohammed, Nana Nwachukwu, Lola Okolosie, Omolara Oriye and Buky Williams, said, “Friday marks six weeks since the Chief of Defence Staff, Major General Lucky Irabor, called on the NHRC to launch an investigation into the abortion report.”

They therefore called on the NHRC to make public its plans to take the investigation forward, expand its remit to look at the alleged killings of children, and commit to doing so in a victim-centred way.

Copyright @punchnewspaper

Advertisement
ALSO READ  Probe abortion report, feminists urge FG
Prev1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 TheHeute.