Connect with us

News

Bullet from terrorists’ gun still in my stomach

Published

on

theheute-

Mukhtar Shuaibu, one of the five hostages freed yesterday by terrorists that attacked a Kaduna-bound train in March this year, has narrated the pains he passed through when a ‘doctor’ battled to extract a bullet from his stomach.

Shuaibu said the bullet lodged in his stomach when one of the terrorists accidentally shot him after his noon prayer on the 85th day of their captivity.

According to him, the terrorists’ ‘doctor’ inserted a finger and scissors into his stomach in search of the bullet.

“When the ‘doctor’ came, he immediately put on his hand gloves and put his finger through the bullet holes into my stomach looking for the bullet. He could not find the bullet.

Advertisement

“Later, he inserted scissors still looking for the bullet. I was shouting because it was paining me. Still, he could not find the bullet,” the freed hostage said.

Shuaibu, who spoke during their visit to Mallam Tukur Mamu, publisher of Desert Herald, who facilitated their release in Kaduna, said what was uppermost in his mind was getting a proper medical procedure.

He described the hostages’ experience as traumatic and appealed to the Federal Government to quickly secure the release of the others still being held.

Shuaibu said: “The people remaining in captivity are not in good health condition, especially a woman who is close to 90 years and children.

“We were in the terrorists’ captivity until the 85th day, on a Tuesday. I was sitting down. I just finished my noon prayer.

Advertisement

“All of a sudden, I heard the sound of the gun. I suddenly discovered a bullet hit me. I saw blood flowing down through my short nickers.

ALSO READ  Kid Cudi walks offstage after being hit with water bottles at Rolling Loud festival: 'Don't f--- with me'

“Mustapha Imam, a doctoral degree holder, who was also a hostage asked me to lie down. They looked for a piece of cloth to cover the spot above my navel.

“Up till this moment, the bullet has not been found in my body and it is not as if it came out of my body through the back.

“The past four months in the terrorists’ den were traumatic. There was no rest of mind because we were sleeping and waking up with gun sounds.”

Shuaibu said the remaining captives, including children and an aged woman, were in a pitiable condition.

He appealed to the Federal Government to get them rescued as quickly as possible.

Advertisement

The other passengers released with Shuaibu are Mustapha Imam, Akibu Lawal, Abubakar Rufai, and Sidi Sharif.

Their freedom brings to 29, the number of those so far freed by the terrorists.

The terrorists killed nine of the train passengers, injured many and abducted 69 during the attack.

Last week, the terrorists freed four of the passengers after collecting a N400 million ransom.

They had a few hours before freeing the four, released a video in which they were seen flogging the hostages and threatening to kidnap President Muhammadu Buhari, Governor Nasir El-Rufai and senators.

Advertisement

The terrorists also boasted that they would destroy the country, kill some of the hostages and sell off the others as slaves if their demands were not met.

Desert Herald publisher Mamu, who named the freed hostages and made their photographs available to reporters, did not say if a ransom was paid or not.

ALSO READ  BBNaija Level Up: Cross Chides Daniella for Quitting Drinking Because of Khalid, Wants Dotun to Penetrate Her

Earlier yesterday, Transport Minister Muazu Sambo said that service along the Abuja-Kaduna rail corridor would only resume when all the remaining hostages regained their freedom.

Sambo, who inspected the Idu and Kubwa stations, added that the process for the procurement of a digital security system that will monitor the rail tracks was ongoing.

He explained that resuming operations without all the hostages reuniting with their families would portray the government as being insensitive.

Advertisement

The minister said: “It is very important to get those Nigerians that have been kidnapped reunited with their families, otherwise it will appear the government is not sensitive.

“The government is doing everything it can to make sure that those who have been affected by this abduction are reunited with their families. I think it is an important step to do that first and foremost.

“Secondly, we must put in place adequate security and infrastructural measures to protect and prevent all forms of threats that are possible.

“Technology can make that possible and we are trying to deploy the best technology available anywhere in the world that has served very well in other jurisdictions.

“We are in the process of procuring the sensors and that is why I said we must ensure that we put in place every infrastructure that will ensure that lives are safeguarded.”

Advertisement

Sambo dismissed claims that Nigerian Railway Corporation staff members that were onboard the train had been abandoned.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Religion

Tobi Amusan returns to Celestial Church of Christ for thanksgiving

Published

on

Many do not even know that Tobi Amusan, the iconic athlete whose basket of global victories and laurels, is overflowing and bursting at the seams, is a member of the Celestial Church of Christ Worldwide. The track queen, who was recently bestowed with the national award of Officer of the Order of Niger (O.O.N.) by President Muhammadu Buhari, is not just a member of the C.C.C. but also an active member of the choir.

Amusan’s many wins include the following: – Winner of the World Athletics Diamond League. – Gold Medalist from the World Athletics Championships 2022 in Eugene Oregon, U.S.A. – First Nigerian World Record Holder in Athletics, Eugene Oregon, U.S.A. – Triple Gold Medalist from the Commonwealth Games. – Double Gold Medalist from the African Athletics Championships.

Recently, Tobi Amusan returned to her spiritual fountain, the Celestial Church of Christ , to worship and to give thanks to God during a glorious Sunday Service

“C.C.C. Worldwide celebrates one of our own, Sister Tobi Amusan. We are very proud of you and we would not stop celebrating you. This is just the beginning. God’s glory in your life would continue to abide and multiply in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen,” SE Kayode Ajala, the head of CCC Worldwide media, wrote.

Advertisement

ALSO READ  Celebrities with no sense - Delta Police PRO slams Paul Okoye
Continue Reading

Religion

VSE Joseph Olorunishola – Forgiven But Not Restored

Published

on

The official report of the meeting of VSE Joseph Olorunnishola and Rev. Pastor EMF Oshoffa on Thursday, September 29th, 2022.

Following a letter of apology from VSE Joseph Olorunnishola to Pastor EMF Oshoffa, a meeting was arranged for VSE Olorunnishola to apologize in person to the Spiritual Head and Pastor of Celestial Church of Christ Worldwide.

The meeting took place at the New York Parish, Brooklyn before the CCC 75th Anniversary Service of the Founding of Celestial Church of Christ on September 29th.

VSE Joseph Olorunnishola was at the meeting with five of his elders and the USA diocese was also represented by total of six elders.

Advertisement

Chiefly at the meeting, presided by the Pastor EMF Oshoffa, and sitting on the high table with Pastor were the Pastor’s head of Administration Worldwide, VSE S.F. Adeniyi and the Head of USA Diocese, VSE Olaitan Balogun.

Also at the meeting were the HOD deputies
VSE Solomon Yusuf and Sup. Evg. Ayo Homer-Williams. AVSE Kehinde Akano, Sup. Evg Oluwafemi Sanyaolu, and Sup. Evg. Felix Oziegbe.

Venerable Superior Evangelist Olaitan Balogun, Head of U.S.A Diocese, C.C.C. Worldwide.

Present at the meeting with VSE Joseph Olorunnishola was; Sup. Evg. Yomi Dodo Williams, Sup Evg. Victor Adewusi, MSE Sam Adebayo, Sup. Evg .Timothy Olatokun and Sup Evg Badmus.

The meeting lasted over 4 hours.

Summary:

  1. The meeting started with an opening prayer by the Pastor EMF Oshoffa
  2. The Pastor reiterated the need for peace and oneness in the diocese
  3. VSE Joseph Olorunnishola prostrated to apologize to the Pastor and everybody in the meeting also prostrated alongside VSE Olorunnishola for total forgiveness and spirit of oneness.
  4. The Pastor asked VSE Joseph Olorunnishola to explain himself.
  5. VSE Joseph Olorunnishola stated that he did not do anything wrong as he was simply carrying out the decision made by his then Executive Council members in the infamous March 5, 2021 memorandum of 7-point demand and Declaration of Independence notably from the Pastor.
  6. Superior Evangelist Homer Williams, Superior Evangelist Akande and Superior Evangelist Oziegbe all indicated their efforts at urging VSE Joseph Olorunnishola to rescind the letter as requested by the Pastor. But VSE Olorunnishola blatantly refused and responded to each of the above peace makers with a common “over my dead body”.
  7. VSE Joseph Olorunnishola requested to still be in control of the parishes under his leadership.
  8. The Pastor then requested VSE Olorunnishola to come to Nigeria for further discussions while the Pastor will consult with the elders of the church in Nigeria.
  9. VSE Joseph Olorunnishola replied that he does not have the grace to travel to Nigeria.
  10. The Pastor then asked VSE Olorunnishola to call him when the Pastor returns back to Nigeria.
  11. Superior Evangelist Sanyaolu reiterated at the meeting that for there to be true peace and truce, VSE Joseph Olorunnishola has to withdraw all his court cases with the USA diocese because VSE Olorunnishola is not the owner of Celestial Church of Christ in America. And that the Pastor is both the Spiritual and Administrative Head of Celestial Church of Christ Worldwide as per the Constitution.
  12. The meeting ended with closing prayer by the HOD VSE Olaitan Balogun
  13. The grace said by Pastor EMF Oshoffa
  14. It was gathered that after the grace, VSE Joseph Olorunnishola while walking away then said the status quo remains of which the Pastor did not respond.
  15. VSE Joseph Olorunnishola was asked by some representatives of the diocese to take back his false conclusion of the meeting that “the status quo remains” and a small skirmish ensued.
  16. VSE Joseph Olorunnishola, in his own mind, falsely concluded that the status quo remains, which perhaps could be his primary objective for coming to the meeting and thereby creating some form of legitimacy.
  17. VSE Joseph Olorunnishola was forgiven by the pastor but not restored.
ALSO READ  Celebrities with no sense - Delta Police PRO slams Paul Okoye

It is our prayer that the spirit of arrogance and disobedience will be cast away in our midst. And the owner of His church will continue to uphold and strengthen His church, in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

The Publicity and Media Team of the USA Diocese stands by the veracity of this report (Zechariah 8:16-17).

Advertisement

Together, we move to higher glory.

The Publicity and Media Team
CCC USA Diocese

Venerable Superior Evangelist Joseph Olorunishola.

Continue Reading

News

Terra Kulture Receives Netflix Support For Its Creative Industry Programmes

Published

on

Leading educational and recreational organisation, Terra Kulture, has received a financial donation from the global streaming platform, Netflix.

A statement on Friday by the Lagos-based firm said the donation follows the recent announcement by Netflix to extend the Creative Equity Scholarship Fund for film and television students to select West and Central African countries to study at partner universities in Nigeria, Ghana, Benin and Gabon.

The donation received will further the organisation’s effort to promote the richness and diversity of the Nigerian arts and culture sector.
“The support fund will be directed to industry and community-focused areas of engagement which include academic training, theatre, gallery, and bookstore. It is also intended to ensure cultural programming in Nigeria while promoting the various artistic and cultural projects led by Terra Kulture,” the said.

Commenting further on the philanthropic gesture, Bolanle Austen-Peters, the Chief Executive Officer of Terra Kulture, said: “We’re delighted to receive this donation from Netflix. It would be helpful to take our ongoing projects to the next step.”

Advertisement

According to her, since 2003, Terra Kulture has been at the forefront of promoting Nigeria’s art and culture through exhibitions; indigenous restaurant; and storytelling through its award-winning plays and movies. “Over these years, we have developed an in-depth understanding of arts, culture, and languages to impact the next generation most effectively. With the financial support received, Terra Kulture Academy for the Arts aims to fulfil its mission to support, upskill and inspire Nigeria’s creative youths through educational and recreational programs that will yield multiplicative benefits to themselves, their families, communities, and the overall Nigerian creative economy.”

ALSO READ  Matawalle calls for unity as Sanusi becomes grand patron of Tijjaniya

Terra Kulture has trained more than 2,000 youth in theatre lighting design, sound design, costume design, batik, tie and dye, makeup, hairstyling, production, acting, directing, production management, props management, and set design, animation, choreography, and motion graphics for stage plays.

In a bid to formalize the skilling efforts, the organization launched Terra Academy for the Arts (TAFTA), which is a free-to-attend training created to formally empower young creatives with relevant skills across key sub-sectors in theatre. The programme is designed to provide training on key technical production skills for the creative industry as well as an entrepreneurial module for students to learn about the industry’s business side.

Quoting a new report on Nigeria’s creative industry, the statement said the creative industry is now positioned as Nigeria’s second-largest employer of labour and has the potential to produce 2.7 million additional jobs by 2025. Also, it is projected to contribute 5 trillion Naira to the country’s GDP, thereby making the sector a significant contributor to the economy of Nigeria, which is Africa’s largest economy.

According to the statement, the intervention is aligned with Netflix’s commitment to supporting artistic and cultural projects, and a part of their creative industry support fund in Nigeria.

Advertisement

Recently, the global streaming giant extended its Creative Equity Scholarship Fund to include academic institutions in Central and West Africa. The CESF will be distributed to various initiatives over the next five years to build a strong, diverse pipeline of creatives around the world.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 TheHeute.