Connect with us

Sports

Wesley Fofana: Chelsea close to agreeing deal with Leicester for defender

Published

on

Theheaute-

Chelsea are close to agreeing a deal with Leicester for defender Wesley Fofana for a fee believed to be £70m plus add-ons.

The bid is Chelsea’s fourth for the French centre-back, having seen an offer of around £60m up-front rejected by the Foxes earlier this week.

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers earlier confirmed Fofana, who missed last weekend’s defeat to Southampton amid the speculation over his future, would also be unavailable for Saturday’s trip to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea.

Fofana wants to move to the Blues and, speaking after Leicester’s penalty shoot-out victory at Stockport in the Carabao Cup, Rodgers confirmed the player was training with the club’s U23s after failing to turn up to a training session last week.

Advertisement

“He won’t be available for the weekend and has trained with U23 squad,” Rodgers told reporters ahead of Saturday’s game.

“I’m not sure [if a deal will get done], my concentration is on the players that we have, and the team. I can’t lose energy. If something will be done, it will be done with the clubs. Until that happens we just have to work with what we have.”

Rodgers added: “Hopefully [there will be some transfer business done between now and the end of the window]. That would be really good for the team to be able to do that, to improve the squad is always important. But until that changes, we will work with what we have.”

A third Chelsea bid for Fofana, worth £70m in total, was immediately rejected earlier this week.

ALSO READ  Flutterwave secures switching and processing license, Nigeria’s highest payments processing license

The offer was believed to be £60m with a possible £10m in add-ons – but the additional payments were described to Sky Sports News as “ambitious” targets.

Advertisement

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

EPL: Arteta makes Premier League ‘guarantee’ after Champions League exit

Published

on

Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta has promised that the team will be “fully focused” on the Premier League title race after they exited the Champions League on Wednesday night.

The Gunners lost 1-0 to Bayern Munich in Germany and 3-2 on aggregate.

Arteta’s men’s only chance of winning silverware is in the Premier League where they are two points behind Manchester City.

Arsenal are away to Wolves on Saturday, having lost 2-0 at home to Aston Villa last weekend.

Advertisement

“We have to be close to the players. What they need to do is stand right next to them, give them our support and our love.

“We have to pick it up because we have a big, big game on Saturday.

“We really want it and we have to show that we’re capable of turning it around,” Arteta told reporters.

Advertisement
ALSO READ  EPL: Tottenham’s Son Heung-min worries over form as player yet to net goal this season
Continue Reading

Sports

Dortmund ready for PSG rematch after epic win over Atletico

Published

on

Borussia Dortmund are relishing a rematch with Paris St Germain in the Champions League semi-finals. This was after knocking out Atletico Madrid in a thrilling tie on Tuesday to set up a meeting with the French side they played in the group stage.

Dortmund overturned a 2-1 deficit from their quarter-final first leg against Atletico to win 5-4 on aggregate.

They will now renew their acquaintance with PSG, who beat Barcelona 6-4 over two legs to book their semi-final berth.

Dortmund coach Edin Terzic feels his side, who won the Champions League in 1997, are now better prepared to face the French champions.

Advertisement

This was after the Germans lost away and drew at home in the group stage.

“Our first game against them wasn’t good. In the second game, we adjusted to them better and were closer to victory.

“I think we’re a better team today than we were against them in the group stage,” Terzic said, following the win over Atletico.

Midfielder Julian Brandt, who opened the scoring in the first half for Dortmund, could scarcely believe that his side had made it through to the last four after taking a two goal-lead, conceding two goals, and then scoring twice more.

“It was a crazy game for the fans and for us. A great game for us, for our fans and for all football fans around the world,” he said after receiving his man-of-the-match award.

Advertisement

“It’s going to be very serious now against Paris. We played well against them at home in the group stage, but not well away. We want to do better now and, of course, reach the final,” he added.

ALSO READ  Made Kuti’s wife Indeoye reveals how they met, says ‘He was my school father’

For striker Niclas Fuellkrug, who also got on the scoresheet, the Champions League semi-finals will be a new experience.

“I’ve never played at this level before and I’m very proud to be in the semi-finals of the Champions League with my team,” he said.

“Things will certainly be different against Paris than in the group stage.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Kaka’s ex-wife denies saying she divorced footballer for being ‘perfect’

Published

on

Caroline Celico, the former wife of Brazilian football legend, Ricardo Kaka, has debunked reports making the round that she broke up with the football star because he was too “perfect for her”.

According to her, she broke up with Kaka on mutual grounds, and they have been nurturing their two kids together.

Kaka and Celico married in December 2005, and their marriage produced two children: a son, Luca Celico Leite (born June 10, 2008), and a daughter, Isabella Celico Leite (born April 23, 2011).

10 years after their marriage, they parted ways with none of them saying the reason for their divorce until Sunday after a fake quote suspected to be a statement from Celico went viral.

Advertisement

The statement read, “Kaka never betrayed me; he always treated me well, and he gave me a wonderful family, but I was not happy; something was missing. The problem was that he was too perfect for me.”

It has since sparked speculations from fans across the world, with some condemning her and others saying that she probably was not happy being with the 2007 Ballon d’Or winner.

However, taking to her Instagram story, Celico debunked the viral statement on her divorce from Kaká, labelling it as not only ‘false’ but also ‘fake’, while speaking on her future with her current husband, Eduardo Scarpa Julião.

The chef and food content creator wrote, “For those who haven’t heard from me for a long time… or have never heard before.

“And are UNFORTUNATELY hearing some fake news and FAKE quotes. Let me update you:

Advertisement
ALSO READ  Nnamdi Kanu diagnosed with gastrointestinal disorder in DSS custody

“I got divorced almost 10 years ago, from those 14 years of relationship there are 2 lovely teenagers.

“It’s been almost 8 years. I am with my husband Eduardo, and we are having our first child next month.

“I have a lot of respect for my lifetime story, and I am very grateful for everything I have lived so far. My ex-husband and I found a healthy way to raise our children, and I’m so grateful for this.

“Please be welcome to my social media, which is a place I share about many subjects, such as family, work and spirituality, with a lot of respect and love.

“Thank you.”

Advertisement

Recall that the former AC Milan and Real Madrid midfielder remained a single father for about four years before deciding to marry a Brazilian model named Carolina Dias.

Meanwhile, Kaká’s ex-wife and her husband are also expecting their first child together.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 TheHeute.