Connect with us

Sports

I’m not sure time is right for Kudus to leave Ajax – George Boateng

Published

on

Theheute-

Black Stars assistant coach George Boateng says he’s unsure if it’s the right time for Mohammed Kudus to leave Ajax.

Kudus was the subject of a transfer bid from English club Everton in the final weeks of the summer transfer window.

Despite Ajax’s reluctance to allow Kudus to leave, the player has had very limited game time this season, having not started any of their three league games thus far.

Earlier this week, the 22-year-old boycotted training in an attempt to force the Dutch champions into sanctioning his move to Everton.

Advertisement

However, Ajax stood firm and even rejected another £15 million bid from Frank Lampard’s side on transfer deadline day.

Reacting to Kudus’ situation, Boateng, who was born in Ghana but played for the Netherlands, said he’s unsure if it’s the right time for the playmaker to leave Ajax.

“In terms of Kudus, we don’t know the ins and outs of everything but all we do now is there has been an interest from a different club from the UK. I think he is developing very well,” Boateng told Joy Sports.

“He is a country where football is of high level and I am sure if you speak to Mo [Kudus] he would say that he learnt a lot in his time at Ajax.

“Whether it’s time for him to leave I am not quite sure but all we would like to have is for Mohammed Kudus to play more games.”

Advertisement

With the transfer window closed, Kudus will hope to have more game time under manager Alfred Schreuder.

ALSO READ  Transfer: Premier League club agree £20m deal to sign Nigerian forward, Emmanuel Dennis

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

2022 World Cup: Unwanted history for hosts Qatar against Ecuador

Published

on

Qatar on Sunday, became the first host country to be defeated in their opening game in the 92-year history of the World Cup.

Ecuador beat the Middle East country 2-0 courtesy of two first-half goals from captain Enner Valencia. Ecuador’s captain also saw a goal ruled out for offside. The result means Qatar become the first host nation ever to lose their opening game at a World Cup.

It’s obviously not the start Qatar will have wanted to make to a competition that had been plagued by controversy before a ball had even been kicked.

Supporters also made their feelings clear about the match at half-time as they abandoned the game in large numbers with the hosts already 2-0 down. Initial estimates suggest around 20,000 supporters left the game at the break.

Advertisement

There were just 11 shots in this game (five for Qatar, six for Ecuador) – no World Cup match on record (since 1966) has seen fewer attempts.

The hosts return to action on Friday against Senegal.

ALSO READ  JUST IN: IMF retains Nigeria’s 2022 growth prospect at 3.4%
Continue Reading

Sports

Victor Osimhen Bags Huge International Award And Recognition

Published

on

Nigeria and Napoli forward Victor Osimhen has received a huge international award and recognition for his relentless contribution at the international and club level.

The Super Eagles of Nigeria and Napoli forward Victor Osimhen received a huge international award from the Globe Soccer Awards. The talented player was recognized for his immense contribution to both club and country.

He was crowned the Emerging Player Of The Year 2022, which was deserved on every level as the player has continued to show his importance at the club level for Napoli by contributing towards the impressive run of the club in the new season as well as the previous season.

Although the Super Eagles of Nigeria would not be going to the World Cup 2022 in Qatar, he had been one of the stand-out players for the Eagles in their qualifiers.

Advertisement

Contragulations Victor.

ALSO READ  BBNaija reunion: I Expected Pere To Chase Me For Three Months But Left Me In Three Days -Beatrice
Continue Reading

Sports

2022 World Cup: I am totally, absolutely focused on Portugal- Ronaldo says amid Man Utd criticism

Published

on

In the wake of his scathing interview about Manchester United, Cristiano Ronaldo declares that Portugal will be his “absolute focus” during the World Cup.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner, in an interview with Piers Morgan for TalkTV, which will be made public in its entirety on Wednesday, criticised United manager Erik ten Hag, Ralf Rangnick, and senior officials at Old Trafford.

Ronaldo claimed that United had “betrayed” him and that the team had not advanced since Alex Ferguson left in 2013.

Man Utd react to Ronaldo’s interview with Piers Morgan

After the interview, United reacted with a statement on Monday mentioning it and promising to respond “after the full facts have been established.”

Advertisement

Prior to Portugal’s November 24 match against Ghana in Group H, the 37-year-old declared on Monday that his entire attention would be on playing for Portugal in Qatar.

“Total and absolute focus on national team work. United group, towards one objective: realise the dream of all Portuguese people!,” he posted on Instagram.

Despite missing United’s previous two games due to “illness,” he posted a photo of himself with his Portugal teammates during a training session.

Without Ronaldo, the Red Devils defeated Fulham 2-1 on Sunday, moving them up to fifth place in the Premier League, three points behind Tottenham with one game remaining.

In the Middle East, where Fernando Santos’ team will also play Uruguay and South Korea, Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo hopes to lead his nation to World Cup triumph.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 TheHeute.