Connect with us

Sports

EPL: Brighton star opens up on future amid interest from Liverpool, Man Utd

Published

on

Theheute-

Moises Caicedo, a Brighton and Ecuador star, has spoken out about his future amid interest from Premier League clubs such as Liverpool and Manchester United.

In January of last year, Brighton acquired the central midfielder from South American team Independiente. Transfermarkt claims that he only cost £4.5 million.

After Yves Bissouma’s £25 million move to Tottenham, Caicedo started to show promise toward the end of last season and has since established himself as a regular in the first team.

He has participated in each of Brighton’s six Premier League games to date and scored his first goal of the season in the most recent 5-2 victory over Leicester City.

Advertisement
Caicedo has previously drawn interest from Manchester United and Arsenal. However, Liverpool is now preparing to sign the 20-year-old in January.

Tera Deportes, an Ecuadorian source, claims that the Reds swooped in late to sign him during the summer transfer window.

However, Brighton, who see Caicedo as a key player for the upcoming few months, rejected their approach.

Surprisingly, the report asserts that Brighton might be willing to let him go in January. They think that they can sell him for the highest possible price if he performs well for Ecuador at the World Cup.

And in a significant boost for Liverpool, it appears they have first dibs on a winter deal. In the race to sign Caicedo, this puts them ahead of Man Utd, Arsenal, and other clubs.

The starlet has been questioned about his future amid all the roiling transfer rumours. He stated (via Goal): “I’m not thinking about any other club than Brighton. This is the club where I am now and I will give everything for this club and to keep doing well here.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Olise’s late strike gets Palace point against United

Published

on

Michael Olise has helped Crystal Palace get a point against Manchester United in their 1-1 draw at Selhurst Park Stadium on Wednesday night.

The midfielder’s late strike in extra-time, 91′, levelled the game against United, who had controlled the lead since the 43rd minute of the first half after Bruno Fernandes’ fine finish put the Red Devils ahead just before the break.

A relentless Olise scored from a free kick with a left-footed shot to the top right corner. The equalising goal saw United’s dream of replacing defending EPL champions City in the second place on the league table, fade away, as they remain third with 39 points, having played a game more than City.

Crystal Palace remains in 12th place with 23 points.

Advertisement

copyrighyt @punchnewspaper

ALSO READ  EPL: ‘I don’t like Granit Xhaka’, Garth Crooks says
Continue Reading

Sports

Atletico Madrid head coach speaks on leaving Atletico Madrid

Published

on

Atletico Madrid head coach, Diego Simeone, has insisted that nobody has personally told him to leave the club.

Rumours have persisted that Simeone, 52, could be set to end this 11-year stay at Atletico Madrid at the end of the season.

However, the Argentine has now stated that no one at the club has asked him to quit the La Liga giants.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Atletico Madrid’s Copa del Rey tie with Levante on Wednesday night, Simeone said when asked about reports suggesting he would leave the club at the end of the season: “No one has personally asked me to leave.”

Advertisement

However, having already been eliminated from UEFA Champions League and sitting 13 points behind leaders Barcelona in the La Liga table, the Copa del Rey is Atletico Madrid’s last realistic opportunity for a trophy this season.

It has been a disappointing campaign for Simeone’s side, as they sit fourth in the league.

Simeone added, “The boys are enthusiastic to reverse this situation that we have experienced since the break and prior to the World Cup. It’s been a regular to a bad season. For me, there is growth after the break, hopefully, we will continue in that line.”

Advertisement
ALSO READ  Serena Williams Powers Into US Open Third Round
Continue Reading

Sports

EPL: Frank Lampard won’t run away – Shaun Wright-Phillips

Published

on

Former Chelsea player, Shaun Wright-Phillips has backed his former teammate, Frank Lampard to stay at Goodison Park and turn things around.

Wright-Phillips said his former team-mate does not run away from challenges such as Everton is facing now but would face them squarely

Lampard is in danger of being sacked any moment from now after yet another defeat on Friday.

Everton crashed out of the FA Cup on Friday after they were beaten 3-1 by Manchester United at Old Trafford

Advertisement

Frank Lampard has now led Toffees to six defeats in their last seven matches and they have also crashed out of the Carabao Cup and are currently 18th in the Premier League.

“Frank Lampard has always been a player and a person that won’t run away from things not going well,” Wright-Phillips told the BBC.

“He is the type of person to try and solve it or try and make the situation a lot better…”

Advertisement
ALSO READ  NDPHC expresses commitment to power supply despite N150bn debt
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 TheHeute.