Connect with us

Sports

Wilder’s coach backs Joshua to shock Fury

Published

on

Theheute-

Deontay Wilder’s head trainer Malik Scott believes Anthony Joshua’s chances in the potential title clash with Tyson Fury should not be overlooked.

Fury, who is the current WBC heavyweight champion, fought the former champion, Wilder three times.

In their third encounter, which took place last October, Fury overcame two knockdowns to eventually stop Wilder in the 11th round.

Fury and Joshua are now in advanced talks to meet in the ring on December 3 for the WBC title.

Advertisement

Public opinion views Joshua as a huge underdog in the fight – coming off back-to-back losses to unified world champion Oleksandr Usyk, who is much smaller than Fury, who many regard as the best heavyweight in the sport currently.

However, Scott disagrees with the popular opinion.

“It’s a great time for AJ to take the Fury fight. I believe AJ is in a mindset that he has something to prove. He wants to get back up on the horse. He wants to go again. Tyson and him have always wanted to fight each other, the big question, is it really going to happen? I mean, nowadays we’re just in the place where there is so much business and people are so selfish and everyone wants to be greedy,” Scott said to Fair Betting Sites.

“But what I like the most and what you have to give AJ credit for is he said whatever deal that they’re offering. You have to respect that, absolutely. He said whatever deal they offer me, I’ll take. He believes he can beat Tyson Fury. I believe AJ believes he can beat Tyson Fury.”

ALSO READ  Curious Bryann gushes over Diana; reveals what he’ll do when he meets her

While most are giving Joshua no chance at all, Scott strongly feels the British-Nigerian star pugilist has the skills to upset the odds.

Advertisement

“It’s a tough job for AJ but in my opinion, he has a pedigree, he has a gold medal, he has ability. AJ can punch, he’s a strong kid. He’s big. It can almost come across, when you think about all those attributes, like, hold up, this is Anthony Joshua. Let’s back up. How could he not win? I think personally the people who are giving him no shot at all are crazy. I think people who are giving AJ no shot at all – that’s blasphemous. I do not agree with that at all,” Scott added.

“Fury’s been on fire. He’s been smoking everybody. Yeah, but he’s also more vulnerable than he’s ever been. Fury also gives you an opportunity to hit him more than he ever did too, and in the heavyweight division, I just can’t have full confidence in someone that gives you an opportunity to hit them, I just can’t do that. He said it himself, he’s very vulnerable. He’s very vulnerable as a fighter. But that’s what makes him exciting as well.”

The latest update on the fight front as at last weekend was that Joshua’s team had been sent a contract by Fury’s team.

Promoter Frank Warren revealed in his column for the Star, “The contracts have been sent to Anthony Joshua’s team.

“Now we wait for them to go through them and sign so we can get one of British boxing’s biggest events on.

Advertisement
ALSO READ  EPL: Everton must move on from Manchester United defeat – Iwobi

“All our side is on board for this fight. Tyson Fury is eager for it as he showed last week by calling out his fellow Brit.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Olise’s late strike gets Palace point against United

Published

on

Michael Olise has helped Crystal Palace get a point against Manchester United in their 1-1 draw at Selhurst Park Stadium on Wednesday night.

The midfielder’s late strike in extra-time, 91′, levelled the game against United, who had controlled the lead since the 43rd minute of the first half after Bruno Fernandes’ fine finish put the Red Devils ahead just before the break.

A relentless Olise scored from a free kick with a left-footed shot to the top right corner. The equalising goal saw United’s dream of replacing defending EPL champions City in the second place on the league table, fade away, as they remain third with 39 points, having played a game more than City.

Crystal Palace remains in 12th place with 23 points.

Advertisement

copyrighyt @punchnewspaper

ALSO READ  (FULL LIST) Europa League: Man Utd To Face Real Sociedad As Arsenal Draw PSV
Continue Reading

Sports

Atletico Madrid head coach speaks on leaving Atletico Madrid

Published

on

Atletico Madrid head coach, Diego Simeone, has insisted that nobody has personally told him to leave the club.

Rumours have persisted that Simeone, 52, could be set to end this 11-year stay at Atletico Madrid at the end of the season.

However, the Argentine has now stated that no one at the club has asked him to quit the La Liga giants.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Atletico Madrid’s Copa del Rey tie with Levante on Wednesday night, Simeone said when asked about reports suggesting he would leave the club at the end of the season: “No one has personally asked me to leave.”

Advertisement

However, having already been eliminated from UEFA Champions League and sitting 13 points behind leaders Barcelona in the La Liga table, the Copa del Rey is Atletico Madrid’s last realistic opportunity for a trophy this season.

It has been a disappointing campaign for Simeone’s side, as they sit fourth in the league.

Simeone added, “The boys are enthusiastic to reverse this situation that we have experienced since the break and prior to the World Cup. It’s been a regular to a bad season. For me, there is growth after the break, hopefully, we will continue in that line.”

Advertisement
ALSO READ  Chelsea part ways with Thomas Tuchel
Continue Reading

Sports

EPL: Frank Lampard won’t run away – Shaun Wright-Phillips

Published

on

Former Chelsea player, Shaun Wright-Phillips has backed his former teammate, Frank Lampard to stay at Goodison Park and turn things around.

Wright-Phillips said his former team-mate does not run away from challenges such as Everton is facing now but would face them squarely

Lampard is in danger of being sacked any moment from now after yet another defeat on Friday.

Everton crashed out of the FA Cup on Friday after they were beaten 3-1 by Manchester United at Old Trafford

Advertisement

Frank Lampard has now led Toffees to six defeats in their last seven matches and they have also crashed out of the Carabao Cup and are currently 18th in the Premier League.

“Frank Lampard has always been a player and a person that won’t run away from things not going well,” Wright-Phillips told the BBC.

“He is the type of person to try and solve it or try and make the situation a lot better…”

Advertisement
ALSO READ  “Medicine after death” Sophia Momodu gets slammed over apology
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 TheHeute.