Connect with us

Sports

Owners put Liverpool up for sale

Published

on

Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group have put the Premier League club up for sale.

According to The Athletic, the owners have put together a full presentation for interested parties,  adding that the club’s top brass have retained Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley to assist with the process of selling the club. Whilst it is inviting offers, it is unclear the level of interest and whether a deal is likely to be done.

It was gathered that in April last year, FSG had rejected an offer of almost £3billion from the Middle East.

They however said they remain committed to the Premier League club amid reports they are willing to sell it.

Advertisement

The statement read, “There have been a number of recent changes of ownership and rumours of changes in ownership at EPL clubs and inevitably we are asked regularly about Fenway Sports Group’s ownership in Liverpool.

“FSG has frequently received expressions of interest from third parties seeking to become shareholders in Liverpool. FSG has said before that under the right terms and conditions we would consider new shareholders if it was in the best interests of Liverpool as a club.

“FSG remains fully committed to the success of Liverpool, both on and off the pitch.”

Premier League rival Chelsea, were recently taken over by the Todd Boehly-led US consortium for a cost of £4.25billion, a new record in the sport.

Advertisement
ALSO READ  Adekunle Gold, others react as Falz goes on date with mystery lady
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

2022 World Cup: Unwanted history for hosts Qatar against Ecuador

Published

on

Qatar on Sunday, became the first host country to be defeated in their opening game in the 92-year history of the World Cup.

Ecuador beat the Middle East country 2-0 courtesy of two first-half goals from captain Enner Valencia. Ecuador’s captain also saw a goal ruled out for offside. The result means Qatar become the first host nation ever to lose their opening game at a World Cup.

It’s obviously not the start Qatar will have wanted to make to a competition that had been plagued by controversy before a ball had even been kicked.

Supporters also made their feelings clear about the match at half-time as they abandoned the game in large numbers with the hosts already 2-0 down. Initial estimates suggest around 20,000 supporters left the game at the break.

Advertisement

There were just 11 shots in this game (five for Qatar, six for Ecuador) – no World Cup match on record (since 1966) has seen fewer attempts.

The hosts return to action on Friday against Senegal.

ALSO READ  Why Having No Child at 31 Feels Both Good and Bad at The Same Time - Burna Boy
Continue Reading

Sports

Victor Osimhen Bags Huge International Award And Recognition

Published

on

Nigeria and Napoli forward Victor Osimhen has received a huge international award and recognition for his relentless contribution at the international and club level.

The Super Eagles of Nigeria and Napoli forward Victor Osimhen received a huge international award from the Globe Soccer Awards. The talented player was recognized for his immense contribution to both club and country.

He was crowned the Emerging Player Of The Year 2022, which was deserved on every level as the player has continued to show his importance at the club level for Napoli by contributing towards the impressive run of the club in the new season as well as the previous season.

Although the Super Eagles of Nigeria would not be going to the World Cup 2022 in Qatar, he had been one of the stand-out players for the Eagles in their qualifiers.

Advertisement

Contragulations Victor.

ALSO READ  Why Having No Child at 31 Feels Both Good and Bad at The Same Time - Burna Boy
Continue Reading

Sports

2022 World Cup: I am totally, absolutely focused on Portugal- Ronaldo says amid Man Utd criticism

Published

on

In the wake of his scathing interview about Manchester United, Cristiano Ronaldo declares that Portugal will be his “absolute focus” during the World Cup.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner, in an interview with Piers Morgan for TalkTV, which will be made public in its entirety on Wednesday, criticised United manager Erik ten Hag, Ralf Rangnick, and senior officials at Old Trafford.

Ronaldo claimed that United had “betrayed” him and that the team had not advanced since Alex Ferguson left in 2013.

Man Utd react to Ronaldo’s interview with Piers Morgan

After the interview, United reacted with a statement on Monday mentioning it and promising to respond “after the full facts have been established.”

Advertisement

Prior to Portugal’s November 24 match against Ghana in Group H, the 37-year-old declared on Monday that his entire attention would be on playing for Portugal in Qatar.

“Total and absolute focus on national team work. United group, towards one objective: realise the dream of all Portuguese people!,” he posted on Instagram.

Despite missing United’s previous two games due to “illness,” he posted a photo of himself with his Portugal teammates during a training session.

Without Ronaldo, the Red Devils defeated Fulham 2-1 on Sunday, moving them up to fifth place in the Premier League, three points behind Tottenham with one game remaining.

In the Middle East, where Fernando Santos’ team will also play Uruguay and South Korea, Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo hopes to lead his nation to World Cup triumph.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 TheHeute.