Connect with us

Crime

Ogun: Yahoo-boy kills girlfriend for refusing to remit fraud proceeds

Published

on

A 27-year-old suspected internet fraudster, otherwise known as Yahoo boy, Obeta John, has allegedly killed his girlfriend, Idowu Buhari over claims that she refused to remit to him, a proceed of fraud paid into the girl’s account by a victim.

The victim, an HND 1 student of Mass Communication, Gateway Polytechnic Saapade, Ogun State, was reportedly beaten to death by the suspect.

Abimbola Oyeyemi, the Ogun State police spokesperson, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the suspect, was arrested Tuesday following a distress call received at the Ode-Remo divisional headquarters.

The police were informed that the suspect, a resident at 3, Mojubade Compound, Eredu Ishara, locked his door and started beating the girl, hitting her head against the wall.

Advertisement

Efforts by neighbours to persuade him to open the door did not succeed, DAILY POST learnt.

Acting on the distress call, Oyeyemi said the DPO of Ode-Remo division, CSP Fasogbon Olayemi, had quickly led his officers to the scene, “where they met the victim in the pool of her blood after forcing the door open.”

The police rushed the victim to the State Hospital, Ishara, where she was pronounced dead by the doctor on duty.

The suspect said to be an indigene of Enugu State, is presently in police custody.

“On interrogation, the suspect informed the police that he is an internet fraudster and that a certain amount of money from one of his clients was paid into the account of his deceased girlfriend which she refused to relinquish to him,” Oyeyemi explained.

Advertisement

He quoted the suspect as saying that the fight over the said money had eventually led to the death of the girl.

ALSO READ  Again, Ondo loses 6 people to terror attack

Meanwhile, the State Commissioner of Police in Ogun, Lanre Bankole, has ordered the transfer of the suspect to the State CIID for further investigation and prosecution by the homicide team.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Probe abortion report, feminists urge FG

Published

on

Prev1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Nigerian feminists have urged the Federal Government, through the National Human Rights Commission, to probe the forced abortions report allegedly perpetuated by the military in the northeastern part of Nigeria.

An international news agency, Reuters, had accused the Nigerian Army of running a programme where forceful abortions were carried out on female victims of Boko Haram/Islamic State in West African Province.

The report claimed that the Army carried out the abortions without the persons’ consent and that at least 10,000 pregnancies had been illegally terminated.

These were contained in an investigation published by the news agency in December, 2022.

Advertisement

The probe, according to Reuters, was based on the accounts of 33 victims, hospital workers, and security officials, as well as documents gathered.

Reacting in a statement obtained by The PUNCH on Tuesday, the feminists, namely, Chioma Agwuegbo, Fadekemi Akinfaderin, Dr Leena Hoffmann, Ifeoma Ikwueme, Azeenarh Mohammed, Nana Nwachukwu, Lola Okolosie, Omolara Oriye and Buky Williams, said, “Friday marks six weeks since the Chief of Defence Staff, Major General Lucky Irabor, called on the NHRC to launch an investigation into the abortion report.”

They therefore called on the NHRC to make public its plans to take the investigation forward, expand its remit to look at the alleged killings of children, and commit to doing so in a victim-centred way.

Copyright @punchnewspaper

Advertisement
ALSO READ  Bhaddie Kelly: Ghanaian boys go crazy over Togolese TikToker for being 'perfect' (VIDEOS)
Prev1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse
Continue Reading

Crime

Ambassador withdraws as another fraud allegation rocks Bamidele Onalaja RevolutionPlus (Video)

Published

on

revo

Bamidele Onalaja and his wife, owners of RevolutionPlus

Nigerian celebrities have started disassociating themselves from RevolutionPlus, a property company owned by Bamidele Onalaja, following an allegation of N15million scam by a customer of the company.

It was reported that one of the customers of RevolutionPlus revealed that he paid the sum of N15 Million for some landed property in 2020 but till now, he is yet to be allocated.

He made it known that the company has been playing games by notifying him of allocation only to say they are clearing the bush around his property whenever he requests for inspection.

The customer visited RevolutionPlus to cause a scene and express his displeasure in the company.

Following this, some of their ambassadors including actors, actresses, comedians have withdrawn from their deal with the company.

Advertisement

Few hours after the fraud allegation surfaced, Nasboi, an instagram comedian who had posted a video to promote RevolutionPlus brought the video down and tendered an apology to his followers, while making it known that he has nothing to do with the company and didn’t know they were fraudulent.

Also, Toyin Abraham, who has been with the company for sometime revealed that she has stopped working for the company which could be connected to the incessant fraud allegations.

It is worthy of note that this isn’t the first time the company will be enmeshed in a messy scam scandal as this. Sometime last year, the company was called out by several customers for not allocating properties for years to customers.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Lawal Michael Nasiru Bolaji (@iamnasboi)

Advertisement

ALSO READ  Maria’s ex-boyfriend battered, killed her for seeking better life with new lover – Sister
Continue Reading

Crime

Scam Allegations: RevolutionPlus Property CEO, Bamidele Onalaja Duped customer N15 Million

Published

on

The CEO of RevolutionPlus property, Bamidele Onalaja has been accused of an N15 Million scam. This was made known by a customer of the property company who revealed that he purchased a landed property worth N15 Million in 2020 but is yet to be allocated three years after.

The customer explained that the company is fond of sending email notifications for allocation only to go back and forth regarding the allocation process.

In a video shared on Instagram, the customer caused a scene at the company’s office to further express his displeasure with the company.

Advertisement
ALSO READ  Police Arrest Four Over Killing Of Sound Engineer David Imoh
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 TheHeute.