Bandit attack again leaves 2 dead, homes, vehicles burnt in Kaduna

Bandits on Monday morning attacked Wawan Rafi II village in Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State, leaving two people dead.

The two persons killed were identified as Joshua Dauda and his seven-year-old son Philip Dauda. Also, seven houses, one car and a motorcycle were burnt in the attack.

In a press statement, the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said security patrols mobilised to the area forced the assailants to retreat into the forests. The troops recovered eight empty cases of 7.62mm ammunition at the scene of the attack.

“So far, two corpses have been retrieved. The citizenry will be updated on further developments,” he said.

When contacted, the Chairman Atyap Chiefdom Peace and Security Partnership Committee, Mr. John Bala Gora, said the numbers of those killed, according to Zangon Kataf Local Government Council, exceeded four people.

Gora said they received a message from the Council Secretary of Zangon Kataf local government, Elisha Sako, who gave the names of those killed as: Dauda Joshua, 54, Philip Dauda, 8, Francis Ayuba, 30 and Florence Denis, 3.

The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, noted the reports with sadness and prayed for the repose of the souls of those killed in the attack while offering heartfelt condolences to their families.

Facebook Comments
See also  23 people killed in bandits attack in Kaduna

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: