Connect with us

entertainment

Olasco Films Labels Actors Okunnu, Austin Emmanuel Ingrates

Published

on

Olasco

Olasco Films calls actors Okunnu and Austin Emmanuel ingrates, defending past movie dealings and his role in advancing their careers

Veteran movie marketer Akeem Olatunji Balogun has described actors Okunnu and Austin Emmanuel as ingrates, responding to allegations leveled against him in recent interviews.

Advertisement

Also readNollywood Special Effects Artist James Akaie Dies in Set Explosion

Okunnu had earlier claimed that Olasco Films pocketed all the earnings from a movie he produced for him 16 years ago, stating, “I haven’t forgiven Olasco.”

Similarly, Austin Emmanuel accused Olasco and his associate, Toymax Films, of blacklisting him in the industry and alleged personal misconduct involving his former girlfriend, Aisha Raji.

In an interview with actor Tunde Ola-Yusuf, Olasco defended his actions, saying Okunnu had received N2 million from him for the movie at a time when production costs were only between N700,000 and N1 million.

Advertisement

“Okunnu is like a blind man using a walking stick, and when he regained his sight, he threw away the walking stick that was guiding him when he was blind.

That’s who he is for him to say he worked for me without pay,” Olasco said.

On Austin Emmanuel, Olasco added, “Austin Emmanuel wants to trend with my name. I assisted him to advertise the very movie that made him famous in my films, so he’s an ingrate.”

Advertisement

Also read: Seven Doors Shines as BON Awards Celebrate Nollywood Excellence

The comments mark Olasco Films’ public rebuttal to claims spanning over a decade, highlighting his perceived role in shaping the careers of both actors.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

entertainment

Tyla Breaks Silence With Call for United Africa After Backlash

Published

on

Tyla

Tyla calls for a unified Africa after backlash over xenophobic attacks, saying she is proud to be South African and African

South African singer Tyla Laura Seethal has called for a unified Africa during the South African Music Awards, weeks after facing criticism in Nigeria over her silence on reported xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

Also read: Trabzonspor Set €30m Price for Onuachu

Tyla made the remarks at the awards ceremony over the weekend, where she spoke positively about her South African identity while also emphasising the importance of continental unity.

Advertisement

“And I am just so happy to be South African. I’m happy to be African most of all. I pray one day to see a unified Africa. It’s so important,” Tyla said.

Her comments come after a heated debate in Nigeria over her planned Lagos concert and her perceived silence on renewed reports of xenophobic violence involving Nigerians and other African migrants in South Africa.

The controversy intensified in late July after Tyla announced her A*POP World Tour, which initially included a December 22 performance in Lagos.

Advertisement

Some Nigerians called for a boycott, arguing that a South African star should not perform in Nigeria while Nigerians were facing alleged xenophobic attacks in South Africa.

Others defended Tyla, saying she should not be held personally responsible for the actions of individuals or the South African government.

The dispute took a significant turn on 31 July when Lagos disappeared from the singer’s official tour itinerary.

Advertisement

The change was widely reported after checks of her tour schedule, although Tyla and her management did not publicly give a reason for removing the Nigerian date.

Her remaining South African performances were still listed, including shows in Cape Town and Johannesburg, making the Lagos removal particularly sensitive for Nigerian fans and commentators.

The backlash was not, however, without opposition. Some Nigerians and public figures argued that directing anger at Tyla was misplaced and that governments should be held responsible for protecting citizens and addressing xenophobia.

Advertisement

Omoyele Sowore, for example, said Nigerians should not hold Tyla personally responsible for violence carried out by others, while DACO LP Africa also argued that the singer should not be treated as responsible for government policy simply because she is South African.

The controversy unfolded against a wider diplomatic strain between Nigeria and South Africa.

In July, officials from both countries agreed to work towards easing tensions after a series of attacks targeting Nigerian nationals, with South Africa pledging stronger protection for foreign nationals and prosecution of those responsible.

Advertisement

The episode has also revived a longstanding conversation about the relationship between entertainment, national identity and political responsibility in Africa.

For Tyla, whose global profile has grown rapidly through songs including “Water”, the moment offered an opportunity to speak about her identity without directly addressing every aspect of the controversy surrounding her Lagos concert.

Her emphasis on being African “most of all” appeared to strike a broader note, particularly at a time when tensions between African communities have placed renewed attention on the idea of continental solidarity.

Advertisement

Whether the remarks will ease criticism in Nigeria remains uncertain.

The Lagos concert has already disappeared from the announced tour schedule, and no public explanation has been given for the change.

Also read: Trabzonspor Set €30m Price for Onuachu

Still, Tyla’s call for unity provides a softer response to a controversy that had become increasingly charged online, while leaving open a wider question about how African entertainers should respond when political and social tensions cross national borders.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending