Connect with us

entertainment

Portable Reveals ₦50m Payday After Boxing Defeat

Published

on

Portable

The singer says he earned ₦50 million for completing one round against Charles Okocha, but alleges he was unfairly denied the chance to continue the celebrity bout

Controversial Nigerian singer Habeeb Okikiola, popularly known as Portable, has revealed that he received ₦50 million after losing his celebrity boxing bout against actor and entertainer Charles Okocha on Friday night.

Advertisement

Also read: Portable Challenges Terry G to Celebrity Boxing Fight

Portable said the Portable ₦50m boxing payday was agreed as payment for completing one round of the contest, despite his first-round defeat to Okocha.

Speaking after the bout while surrounded by friends, the singer claimed that the organisers had agreed to pay him ₦50 million if he completed one round, while lasting two rounds would have earned him ₦100 million.

According to Portable, he fulfilled his side of the agreement by completing the opening round and was subsequently paid the ₦50 million fee.

Advertisement

“One round is N50 million, while two rounds is N100 million. They only paid for one round,” he said.

The singer, however, disputed the circumstances surrounding the outcome of the contest, alleging that he had been “robbed” of the opportunity to continue fighting.

Portable claimed that after completing the first round, he briefly left the ring to greet wealthy guests seated in the VIP section who had attended the event.

Advertisement

He said he intended to return to the ring but was surprised to discover that Okocha had already been declared the winner and presented with both championship belts.

The claim has not been independently verified, and neither the organisers of the celebrity boxing event nor Okocha had publicly responded to Portable’s account at the time of filing this report.

Despite the defeat, Portable appeared upbeat about the financial outcome, suggesting that the ₦50 million payment remained a significant reward for his participation.

Advertisement

The singer also played down the impact of the loss on his wider career, stressing that boxing was only one aspect of his life as an entertainer.

Portable maintained that his primary focus remains music and entertaining his fans, expressing confidence that the defeat would not diminish his popularity or success.

Describing himself as “a glorious child”, the singer insisted that the outcome of the bout would not define his career.

Advertisement

The celebrity boxing contest has since generated considerable attention among fans, with Portable’s post-fight comments adding another layer of drama to an event that brought together personalities from Nigeria’s music, film and entertainment industries.

For now, questions remain over the precise terms agreed between Portable and the organisers, including whether the bout was formally structured around a payment per completed round and why the singer was not allowed to continue after the opening round.

Until the organisers or Okocha provide their own account, Portable’s version of the events remains his personal claim.

Advertisement

Also readPortable Threatens Queen Dami Over Alleged Affair Videos

Regardless of the controversy surrounding the result, the singer’s reported ₦50 million earnings have ensured that his first-round exit from the celebrity boxing contest has become almost as much a talking point as the fight itself.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

entertainment

Bella Accuses Sheggz of Broken Promises Amid Reported Breakup

Published

on

Sheggz

Sheggz Bella breakup takes a fresh turn as Bella accuses Sheggz of broken marriage promises amid renewed scrutiny of their relationship.

Lagos, Nigeria, 20 August 2026: Segun “Sheggz” Olusemo and Bella Okagbue, former Big Brother Naija stars whose relationship began during the 2022 “Level Up” season, are at the centre of renewed attention after alleged private messages surfaced online following their reported breakup.

Also read: Sheggz confirms split from Bella, denies cheating

The latest development comes after Sheggz publicly addressed the end of the relationship and denied cheating allegations, while Bella has now appeared to challenge his account, accusing him of making repeated promises about their future that were never fulfilled.

Advertisement

In screenshots circulating on social media, Bella allegedly responded angrily to messages in which Sheggz spoke about marriage, an engagement ring and plans for a dramatic public proposal.

Sheggz was quoted as describing an elaborate engagement plan, suggesting that the couple could allow fans to believe they had separated before surprising everyone with a marriage announcement.

“Let everyone think we’ve broken up, then marriage,” he allegedly wrote, adding that he had “everything planned” and that his family was on board.

Advertisement

Bella’s alleged response was considerably more sceptical.

“100 promises and none were fulfilled. You are a liar, o. Can never believe your lies. My eyes are clear now,” she reportedly said.

She also claimed that Sheggz had been looking at engagement rings since they left the Big Brother Naija house.

Advertisement

The alleged exchange has added an emotional layer to the Sheggz Bella breakup, particularly because marriage had previously featured prominently in public conversations about the couple’s future.

Sheggz, however, has already offered his own account of the relationship’s collapse.

In a statement published on 19 August, the reality star said he had been single since January 2026 and insisted that infidelity was not responsible for the separation.

Advertisement

He said he had remained largely silent out of respect for his family and because he did not want to turn a private matter into a public confrontation.

“For clarity, I did not cheat on Bella, and I have been single since January 2026,” Sheggz said, according to the published statement.

Sheggz also said he had genuinely wanted the relationship to succeed and had gone as far as buying an engagement ring because he believed they could still build a future together.

Advertisement

That account contrasts sharply with Bella’s alleged messages, where disappointment over broken promises appears to be at the heart of her reaction.

The dispute has also revived scrutiny of the couple’s long and sometimes turbulent relationship.

Sheggz and Bella met while competing on Big Brother Naija Season 7 in 2022. Their romance quickly became one of the most closely followed relationships from the show, with fans adopting the nickname “Shella”.

Advertisement

Their relationship continued after the programme and they publicly celebrated milestones together.

Their relationship was not without earlier controversy. In September 2022, while still inside the Big Brother Naija house, Bella and Sheggz had a major argument and announced that they were ending their relationship.

The confrontation followed disagreements about boundaries and interactions with other housemates, although the pair later reconciled.

Advertisement

Breakup speculation returned in January 2024. At the time, Sheggz dismissed reports that the relationship had ended, referring to Bella as “my wife” and saying the pair were doing well.

Further speculation emerged in March 2024 when Bella removed several photographs featuring Sheggz from her Instagram page, prompting another wave of fan concern.

The relationship again came under intense scrutiny in May 2026 after fans noticed that the pair had apparently unfollowed each other on Instagram.

Advertisement

Social media discussions subsequently included unverified allegations of infidelity, although those claims were not independently established.

Sheggz appeared to push back against the online criticism at the time, posting that he was “too loyal” and “too disciplined”, while saying he would not be distracted by the controversy.

The latest exchange has therefore shifted attention away from speculation about whether the pair had separated and towards competing accounts of what happened within the relationship.

Advertisement

The alleged screenshots remain unverified, and neither the messages nor every claim attributed to either party has been independently authenticated. That distinction is important as fans and social media users continue to dissect the relationship.

For now, the most striking element is the contrast between the future once imagined by the couple and the bitter accusations now surrounding their reported split.

Sheggz’s account portrays a relationship he tried to preserve, while Bella’s alleged response reflects deep frustration over promises she says were repeatedly made and broken.

Advertisement

Also read: Sheggz confirms split from Bella, denies cheating

With both sides now offering markedly different perspectives, the Sheggz Bella breakup appears to have entered a new and more personal phase, even as questions remain over which details of the private exchanges can ultimately be verified.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending